Wednesday, June 15, 2011

My Mom Moments

There are no pictures for this post just some happy thoughts. Just so you all know I love ALL of my kids and have Mom moments with all of them but in the last few weeks these I remember.

I had the privilege of attending Paul and Leah's graduation from George Mason University. You would think the moment was this but it wasn't. I am very proud of the both of them and the accomplishment of their Masters is a great thing. In fact envious of this. As I helped pack them up and move them back west we stopped along the way the first night in West Virginia. Here is were I had my moment. Leah and I were following Paul in the Sess(ford explorer) named so lovingly for being the ever so reliable and quality dog carrying vehicle. While pulling into the hotel parking with the long moving truck and the long trailer that had the car on it, Paul was in some pretty tight places with his rig. It was difficult to find a safe place to park it by the hotel. Paul moved numerous times after being not in areas that were assessable to the security parking to large rigs. One peticular moment Paul backed this rig up around a pole and into an alley way with such ease and accuracy that I sat there in total amazement. I'm sure most truckers on the road couldn't have done what he had just done. And I might say he didn't have to start over at all. One time and the job was done. I'm sure your thinking the proud moment wasn't graduation? It was backing up the moving truck with the car trailer. It was a Mom Moment

As most of you know the Missionaries for our little Iowa town live in our basement. We have had them since the last week of March. We had sent home one missionary the middle of May as his mission time was complete. He brought his family back last week and they stayed with us over night. All 14 of them.(the teenage sisters had to sleep in the camper tent outside) Mission house rules. When I saw the family in the parking lot for the first time and saw Elder Ferrin I watched Elder R walk toward him with the biggest smile and they embraced and were so excited to see each other. It hadn't been even three weeks but they way it looked was as if it had been years. Elder F was Elder R's trainer. I had heard that that bond is close but here is where I saw two.... that had become brothers. Another Mom moment for me. And I am not even their mom.


The most recent Mom Moment was last night. As some of you may know I played softball last night. Our ward has a team and the scouts are at scout camp and so what do they do to fill in spots on the team...call one of the oldest women in the ward to fill in. DA what were they thinking!!! Any way my moment to shine was up and I was on and i was trying to hit the stupid ball and I have two elders yelling and cheering me on, "go Sister Stone hit the ball ", "You can do it", and finally they said "hey, she is our mom ". I lost my concentration and got struck out.
I did hit the ball in the later innings, just so you all know I'm not too old to play softball.

I'm one lucky mom!!

I'm going to try and write down my Mom Moments. I have had many of them but writing them down will help me remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment