Tuesday, October 19, 2010

So much to do and so little time

I want time to just stop for a little bit. It is really going to fast here. Before you know it I will be on the plane back. I got to see Marilyn yesterday and her meet her husband Andrew. It was so fun to see her. She is happy that Andrew has finally come and is trying to find a job for him. He has about 5 weeks left to secure a job. With the two working they should be able to bring their two boys over from the Philippines and to finally be a family again. It is so hard being separated from family. I kind of know a little about that unfortunately. It was 37C yesterday and 97% humidity. Just a little sticky. The two things that I saw that were the biggest difference was the parking situation which makes it so much easier to get around and the price of taxis. You know I could get used to having a taxi. You don't have to worry about gas , insurance, car payments. Just pay the driver. The price has gone up but it makes it so much nicer since there are lest cars on the island. You can actually get a taxi now with in a minute or two and the smell wasn't to bad. Of course if you need your sinus cleaned out or you want to see how long you can hold your breath you can still get in a gold taxi and have a death defying trip around town. The city is preparing for the F-1 races in a couple of weeks along with the Ferrari World opening up also. Just missing so fun times coming up. Oh well next time I'll stay longer. I can't seem to get the photo to download so I will try later today on a different network.

No comments:

Post a Comment